Dee is one of our Treatment Coordinators and today she is on the blog answering 20 Questions to celebrate her recent milestone birthday…the BIG 5-0!
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I would go camping with my grandparents just about every weekend! They would get all dressed-up to go square dancing and it was so fun watching them!! “Allemande Left: … Do Si Do ….Right and Left Grand: … Promenade”
2. What is your dream vacation?
I have many! Bungalow over the ocean in Bora Bora/Figi… African Safari…Alaskan Cruise…Australia. Maybe I should just say “to tour around the world”!
3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Favorite restaurant?
Salvatori’s and Casa.
5. Favorite movie?
Elf and Wedding Crashers (any movie with Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn).
6. Favorite book?
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
7. Biggest pet peeve?
Gum smacking and driving slow in the fast lane…UGH…move over already!!
8. As a child, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
A flight attendant.
9. Beach or mountains?
Can I answer tropical? I dislike sand; it reminds me of “glitter”…you’ll understand this as you read on!
10. Which celebrity would you love to have over for dinner and why?
George and Laura Bush plus their family. They just seem like a fun, down to earth family. I think we would have a fun time
11. If you could donate $1,000,000 to the charity of your choice what would it be?
Riley Children’s Foundation.
12. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Ringing the bell to celebrate my last chemo treatment. I felt a sense of accomplishment that I was still standing. [Editor’s note: you can read more about Dee’s Breast Cancer journey here.]
13. What song would you say sums you up?
It’s My Life by Bon Jovi.
14. What hobby makes you the happiest?
Shopping. I also enjoy boating and spending time at our cottage on Lake Eerie.
15. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
1.) I’d wish that my family and friends would never get sick, have pain or problems. 2.) I’d wish that the world were safe for all (children, all people and animals). 3.) I’d wish for a private jet with our own captain that could fly my family back and forth to Chicago! Both of my sons will be moving to Chicago for college and hockey later this month! I can’t believe I’m going to be an empty nester!
16. Dogs or cats?
Dogs! We have a French Bulldog and his name is Oliver. We LOVE him! (So, she won’t really have an empty nest.)
17. What’s your most hated chore?
Cleaning toilets…I have boys. Enough said!
18. Do you have any phobias?
I have two: sparkalaphobia and ophidiophobia…glitter and snakes!!
19. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Being in two places at the same time
20. What is your favorite snack/treat?
My favorite snack is popcorn, and my favorite treat is anything sugary! Ha!
Thanks, Dee, for answering all of our questions! We hope you had a wonderful birthday!