Lisa is a member of our Front Desk Team and she recently celebrated a birthday! You know what that means…she’s on the blog today answering 20 questions to celebrate!!
1. What was your favorite childhood memory?
The Christmas season. I loved everything about it; the decorating, spending time with family, food, presents, etc. I still love it now as much as I did as a child.
2. What is your dream vacation?
Mackinac Island. I’ve went every year for the past 20 years, and I actually lived there for 4 months during my husband’s sabbatical.
3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Roast, potatoes, carrots and gravy.
4. Favorite restaurant?
Casa; my favorite dish is the Alberto Risotto.
5. Favorite movie?
Really anything sappy.
6. Favorite book?
Gone with the Wind.
7. Biggest pet peeve?
8. As a child, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
A teacher. As a kid, I would “teach” the younger kids in the neighborhood…I even had a real grade book and planner. I would let “my students” smell my Lifesavers to get them to listen, but my mom always made me give them one.
9. Beach or mountains?
10. Which celebrity would you love to have over for dinner and why?
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. I would love to talk to them about what it felt like to be thrown into the fire and then see Jesus walking with them. What faith and what a story!
11. If you could donate $1,000,000 to the charity of your choice what would it be?
American Cancer Society.
12. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Our two kids, Katie and AJ. (Even though I can’t take credit for them-God has done the work!) I love them so very much!
13. What song would you say sums you up?
I had a hard time coming up with a song, so I asked my teammates for help. Immediately, Maekenzie asked if there was a song about talking! Dr. Aron happened to be standing nearby and suggested “Talk, Talk” by Talk, Talk. I, admittedly, give myself the title of “social chairman” around the office, so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that this was their suggestion.
14. What hobby makes you the happiest?
15. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
1.) That my kids would grow-up slower. 2.) We would find a cure for cancer. 3.) 3 more wishes.
16. Dogs or cats?
Both. We have an 18 year old cat, Boo, and a dog, Nattie.
17. What’s your most hated chore?
18. Do you have any phobias?
Spiders and snakes!
19. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Time Travel. I would love to see what my family’s lives were like and maybe help make a difference.
20. What is your favorite snack/treat?
Warm “fluff” tapioca pudding.
Thank you so much, Lisa, for answering our questions! We hope you had a very special birthday!