It’s Talisha’s birthday, and today she is answering 20 questions!
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Being in 4-H! 4-H week was always the best week of the summer. I worked with beef, swine, sheep, foods and sewing.
2. What is your dream vacation?
An all-inclusive trip to Turks and Caico.
3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chick-fil-A grilled chicken nuggets and Chick-fil-A Sauce.
4. Favorite restaurant?
Shorty’s Steakhouse in Garrett, IN.
5. Favorite movie?
The Sound of Music.
6. Favorite book?
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
7. Biggest pet peeve?
When people don’t get into the turn lane when making a turn.
8. As a child, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
Wife of a farmer.
9. Beach or mountains?
The BEACH…hands down!!
10. Which celebrity would you love to have over for dinner and why?
Joni Erickson Tada. I’m not sure if she’s considered a celebrity, but she is such an encouragement in the midst of a life-changing spinal cord injury.
11. If you could donate $1,000,000 to the charity of your choice what would it be?
I would donate it to our church; Headwaters Church in Fort Wayne.
12. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Raising two kids to be independent and living on their own. To quote my favorite theologian Dr. Gene Dellinger, “your job as a parent is to raise your kids to be independent and to be able to support themselves. You don’t want them living in your basement until they’re 30 years old.”.
13. What song would you say sums you up?
House Party by Sam Hunt. If you haven’t heard the song, it’s basically about being a homebody and not wanting to go out. If I had to choose between going out or staying home, I will always choose to stay home! HA!
14. What hobby makes you the happiest?
Walking. [Editor’s note: Talisha is a CRAZY fast speed walker! Her walking pace is most people’s jogging pace.]
15. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
1.) The outside temperature would be 80 degrees all year. 2.) I could eat whatever I want and not gain an ounce. 3.) I could bring my dog to work every day.
16. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I have a sweet Shih Tzu, Zoey. She’s 6 years old and I just LOVE her!
17. What’s your most hated chore?
Putting away clean laundry.
18. Do you have any phobias?
I don’t have any.
19. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
To be invisible.
20. What is your favorite snack/treat?
Mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Thank you so much, T, for taking the time to answer these questions! We hope you have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!