We have two December birthdays in the office and today we are celebrating Sandi’s birthday!
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Christian, Patriot, Fearless.
2. Motto you live by?
Do what you won’t regret. When my kids (or any family members) are trying to make a hard decision, I ask them what they would regret NOT doing. And then that should be their choice.
3. Favorite Fast Food?
4. Coffee or Tea?
Nope. I’m a hot chocolate girl.
5. What, when and where was the first concert you attended?
I believe it was John Cougar Mellencamp. He played a free concert for all of the people who helped fill sandbags when Fort Wayne was flooding in 1982. Now I attend every WinterJam, MercyMe, Newsboys, Skillet and David Crowder concert I can. I recently saw Lauren Daigle, For King & Country, MercyMe and TobyMac.
6. Are you a morning or a night person?
Both. I don’t require a whole lot of sleep. At night, I’m busy until I just can’t go anymore and I jump right back at it in the morning.
7. Name three places you would like to travel?
My dream destinations are Australia, Greece & Great Britain. I’ve been blessed to have traveled to many locations including: Belize, Cozumel and pretty much every state in the US. I also had an aunt that lived in the Cayman Islands and I got to stay with her one summer.
8. What’s your favorite season of the year? And why?
Spring. I love the awakening of new life and the fresh air after a long winter. I’m so grateful to live an area that has all the seasons, but Spring is definitely my favorite.
9. What song describes you?
“Forgiven” by David Crowder.
10. What 3 items would you take with you if you were stranded on a desert island (other than food or water)?
My Bible, a journal and PLENTY of lotion!
11. iPhone or Android?
Android all the way! I’ve had an iPhone & I’ll never go back.
12. What is something nobody knows about you?
I’m kind of an open book, but I’d say one thing that is not widely known is that people ask me to write their funeral eulogies.
13. Name 2 pet peeves.
I have things that bother me and I SAY I have pet peeves, but let’s face it, I’m not perfect so I try to extend a little grace.
14. What’s the last book you read?
The Theft of America’s Soul: Blowing the Lid Off the Lies that are Destroying our Country by Phil Robertson.
15. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Good grief, my husband is going to read this! Can I just say a lot?!
16. What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
Salvation. Everything else is just a bonus.
17. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
My Spanish teacher, Coach Ambrose, at Bishop Luers. He was a fun guy and I never dreaded going to his class!
18. What hobby makes you the happiest?
Gardening. I feel at peace when I’m outdoors working the soil. It reminds me of a saying, “it can do a mortal little hurt to dig and delve in nice clean dirt”. The bonus is getting to enjoy the results!
19. Do you collect anything?
Nativity sets. (And chocolate, but that always disappears!)
20. If you had a time machine, where and to what time period would you travel?
I’m really intrigued by the era before automobiles (and definitely cell phones!), so maybe the late 1800’s?
Thank you, Sandi, for taking the time to answer our 20 questions! We hope you had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!