Marissa works as part of our Clinic and Admin Team and she recently celebrated her birthday! In true OSS fashion, she’s answering 20 questions to celebrate!
1. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
One of my favorite things to do as a child was going to my mom’s cousin’s house for our family reunion. He has a beach house on Lake Michigan in Gary, and we would cookout and swim with the big waves. I always looked forward to this Sunday every summer.
2. What is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be going to Senegal, Africa to visit my cousins who are missionaries. They grew up there and have raised their own families there! They would make amazing tour guides.
3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Favorite restaurant?
Takaoka. I love to be entertained!
5. Favorite movie?
6. Favorite book?
I’m not a big reader, so I don’t have one.
7. Biggest pet peeve?
When things don’t get put back where they belong.
8. As a child, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
A veterinarian. I actually worked at a veterinarian office for about a year when I was younger. I helped check-in the animals, scheduled appointments, helped transfer animals, walked the dogs, and cleaned the cages and the exam rooms. I loved being with the animals, but I learned quickly that I could not handle when they were sick or needed to be put to sleep.
9. Beach or mountains?
10. Which celebrity would you love to have over for dinner and why?
Cameron Diaz. I just love her movies! She seems so funny and like she has a great personality.
11. If you could donate $1,000,000 to the charity of your choice what would it be?
Ray of Hope. [Editor’s note: according to Ray of Hope’s website their “mission is to uplift those in dire need through sharing personalized videos from the many luminaries and game-changers who share our thirst to make a difference.”.]
12. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Becoming a mother to two kiddos, Kyrah and Harrison. I’m still learning something new each day!
13. What song would you say sums you up?
Oh, this one was hard! “Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys was suggested by friends.
14. What hobby makes you the happiest?
15. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
1.) To have just one more day on earth with the loved ones who have left too soon. 2.) Sunny days, every day. 3.) To have a private water park in my backyard.
16. Dogs or cats?
Dogs, but I currently have 2 cats.
17. What’s your most hated chore?
18. Do you have any phobias?
Snakes. [Editor’s note: you’ll have to ask Marissa about her many, many encounters with snakes!]
19. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Super Speed. [Editor’s note: if you’ve ever went on a walk with Marissa then you would think she already holds this super power! HA!]
20. What is your favorite snack/treat?
Salted Peanuts and dark chocolate chips.
Thank you so much, Marissa, for answering our questions! We hope you had a birthday that is as special as you!