Our teammate, Laurie, recently celebrated her birthday, and she’s in the hot seat today answering 20 questions!
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Friendly, loyal and happy.
2. Motto you live by?
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
3. Favorite Fast Food?
4. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee. Iced or hot-I love them both!
5. What, when and where was the first concert you attended?
1982; Conway Twitty in Fort Wayne.
6. Are you a morning or a night person?
7. Name three places you would like to travel?
Australia, Alaska, Rome.
8. What’s your favorite season of the year? And why?
Fall. My Dad was a farmer and I always loved helping him at harvest time. [Editor’s Note: Laurie continued to help harvest the fields until 2016.]
9. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
No karaoke for this girl!
10. What 3 items would you take with you if you were stranded on a desert island (other than food or water)?
1.) A knife. 2.) Matches. 3.) A book on how to survive on a desert island.
11. iPhone or Android?
12. What is something nobody knows about you?
I’m very sentimental.
13. Name 2 pet peeves.
Driving slow in the passing lane and rude people.
14. What’s the last book you read?
Resisting Happiness by Matthew Kelly.
15. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I refuse to answer! LOL!!
16. What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
My family! I’m so thankful for them every day. [Editor’s Note: Laurie is a daughter, sister, wife, mom of 3 grown boys, mother-in-law and a grandma to 2.]
17. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
Mrs. German; she was tough but fair, and I learned a lot.
18. What hobby makes you the happiest?
Home improvement projects. My husband would not say the same. HA!
19. Do you collect anything?
I love little dishes or knick-knacks that belonged to my parents or grandparents.
20. If you had a time machine, where and to what time period would you travel?
I’d like to go back to the 1990’s when all my boys were at home.
Thank you, Laurie, for taking the time to play along and we hope you had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!